The terms and conditions of the limited warranty are subject to change without notice.
DHP warrants the following products to be free from defects in material and workmanship and agreed to remedy any such defect. The following products covered are futons, futon frames, sofa sleepers, beds, daybeds, bunk beds, accent chairs, accent tables, dining chairs, dining tables, ottomans & Benches, changing pads, toppers, and bed sheets. This warranty covers one year from the date of original purchase from authorized retailers. This is solely limited to the repair or replacement of defective parts and assembly labor is not included. The warranty is voided on items purchased as floor models or items assembled or used for demonstration or display purposes. DHP reserves the right to request proof that the item was new and in original unopened packaging at the original time of purchase.
This warranty does not apply to any product which has been improperly assembled, subjected to misuse or abuse or which has been altered or repaired in any way. The warranty does not cover wearing, tearing, fading or splitting of the fabric (where applicable). Liability for consequential damages is excluded to the extent exclusion is permitted by law. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
To obtain warranty service, purchaser must present original bill of sale. Components repaired or replaced are warranted through the remainder of the original warranty period only. The defective components will be repaired or replaced without charge, subject to the terms and conditions described above.
For European customer service inquiries, please contact us at 01942 524100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mattress Warranty Program
Dorel Home Products (herein referenced as DHP), the manufacturer of mattresses, is committed to offering innovative and quality products, and therefore warrants the mattresses to be free from manufacturing defects in workmanship and material described in this warranty. Our products have different limited warranties as per the table below, from the date of purchase, against defects in workmanship and/or materials. Your mattress will be replaced or refunded at DHP’s discretion at no charge as per the table below, and at a pro-rated charge for the subsequent years. The replacement charge after applicable the no-charge period is based on a % of the original retail price paid relative to the number of years from the original purchase date. In addition, the shipping and handling costs are the responsibility of the purchaser at a flat cost of $75 USD for adult mattresses and $25 USD for all baby mattresses throughout the term of its limited warranty period. Shipping and handling costs may vary if you purchased your product in the UK.
|Product Series||Limited Warranty|
|Belham Living||20 years|
|Signature Sleep Gold||15 years|
|Signature Sleep||10 years|
|Novogratz Atlas||10 years|
|DHP Sleep||10 years|
|Wayfair Sleep||10 years|
|Safety 1st||10 years|
|Signature Sleep Baby||5 years|
|Little Seeds||5 years|
|Novogratz Baby||5 years|
A. Claim Procedure
If there is a defect in workmanship or material, please contact one of our care representatives at 1-800-267-1739 or email us at email@example.com.
If you purchased a mattress in the UK, please contact one of our care representatives at 01284-413-114 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This limited warranty requires that you:
(a) be the original purchaser;
(b) provide the original law tags and original bill of sale / proof of purchase (including date of purchase);
(c) have purchased the mattress at one of our authorized dealers; and
(d) pay the applicable replacement fee and shipping and handling fee.
If an identical mattress is not available at the time of replacement or repair, DHP reserves the right to substitute a mattress of equal or greater quality. DHP may require you to provide proof of the quality of frame and foundation used with your mattress.
This warranty is valid from the date of your original purchase from the authorized dealer; it will NOT be renewed or extended if you receive a replacement. If, in connection with a valid warranty claim, you elect to purchase an upgraded mattress (by paying the replacement cost plus the difference between original mattress retail price and the upgraded mattress current market price), then you will obtain a new limited warranty. The warranty term will begin as of the date of purchase of the upgraded mattress.
Measuring Indentations: Purchasers must provide at least 2 digital photographs demonstrating the indentation by laying the product directly on a flat floor, and measuring the vertical distance from a flat and level flat edge tool (i.e. ruler) pulled tightly across the product and lightly contacting the product on opposite sides, to the lowest point of the indentation using a clearly demarcated measuring device.
Physical flaws: Purchasers must provide photos showing a defect covered by this limited warranty. Purchasers may be required to provide several photographs depending on the physical flaw reported
B. Warranty Coverage
This limited warranty applies to the following defects:
- Sagging or body indention that is measured 1.5 inches and greater, providing that the mattress has been supported by an appropriate foundation and proper bed frame.
- Any mattress physical flaw that causes the material to split or crack, despite normal usage and handling.
- Wires that are broken, loose or protruding through the fabric
- For products with zippers, any manufacturing defect in the zippers assembly of the mattress cover.
This limited warranty does not cover items not expressly listed above, such as, but not limited to:
- Shipment and handling cost;
- Individual or personalized preferences relating to firmness, texture, comfort, etc.;
- Damage caused by abuse or any unsanitary condition (e.g., soiling, blood stains bodily fluids, infestation, etc.);
- Fabric stains, soiling, fluid penetration, tears or burns on mattress will void the warranty;
- Normal wear and tear resulting in sagging or body indention that is measured less than 1.5 inches;
- Body impressions resulting in sagging or body indention that is measured less than 1.5 inches;
- Sagging or body indention that is measured less than 1.5 inches;
- Normal change/increase in softness of the memory foam material or a decrease in the slow recovery feature (elasticity). These do not affect the pressure relieving qualities of these mattresses;
- Damage caused by factors other than defective workmanship or materials;
- Bedding sold “as is”, or floor samples, or bedding purchased from second hand parties, non-retail establishments or received as promotional item;
- Replacement of any non-defective pieces;
- Mattresses used in any commercial-type settings;
- Bed height;
- Sheet fit and shrinkage of mattress compressed by unfit sheet;
- Mattress fabric;
- Individual or personalized allergies and sensitivities.
- Futon mattresses are not included in this warranty program.
- Warranty does not include any recycling fees where applicable.
C. Appropriate Foundations and Bed frames
The use of an improper foundation or bed frame invalidates this warranty. Purchaser must use a matching foundation or a supportive, rigid, non-yielding foundation. Purchasers using their mattress directly on a slatted bed system must ensure that the slats have gaps no more than 3 inches. Queen, king, and California king platform beds and slat system bedframes used in conjunction with your Signature Sleep mattress require at least one center support beam. Examples of required foundations:
An appropriate bed frame must completely support the foundation. An appropriate bed frame has a rigid center support with at least 5 legs and 3 cross slats for queen and king mattress; and 4 legs support for twin and full mattresses. Examples of required bed frames for king and queen size mattresses:
D. Dos and Don’ts of Mattress Care
- DO allow your mattress to air out and expand for a minimum of 48 hours upon opening. Discard the plastic wrapping as soon as possible; a child or pet can become entangled;
- DO use an appropriate bed foundation and frame to ensure the validation of your warranty;
- DO keep your bedding clean; using a mattress pad is recommended;
- DO rotate your mattress as needed; this will promote even wear (note that some mattresses cannot be flipped and must only be rotated; refer to your product guide);
- DO carry your mattress upright on its side. It is easier to handle and less likely to damage the mattress. If you need to store your mattress for an extended period, please store it flat;
- DO open the package and place the mattress on the flat surface in a well-ventilated area and allow 48 hours for the mattress to fully expand within two weeks after the date of delivery to ensure the validation of your warranty;
- DO NOT remove the law tag as a missing law tag will void your warranty;
- DO NOT use cleaning fluids on your mattress. The chemicals may damage some of the materials;
- DO NOT bend excessively or jump on your mattress. Such treatment will damage the structure and void your warranty;
- DO NOT allow your mattress to get wet. Any liquids, water or other fluids may damage upholstery, causing materials to compress.
E. PLEASE BE ADVISED: YOUR NEW MATTRESS IS NOT FIRE-PROOF
Your new mattress meets fire safety standards issued by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission when used by itself or with a foundation specified on the federal law tag attached to the mattress. Compared to older mattresses, your new mattress will, if ignited, burn more slowly and less intensely, giving you more time to escape. IN ORDER TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE:
- DO keep matches and lighters away from children;
- DO keep space heaters away from your bed or other flammable items. Follow all manufacturer’s instructions and warnings;
- DO promptly dispose of old mattresses to avoid a fire hazard;
- DO NOT smoke in bed;
- DO NOT use candles on or around your bed;
- DO NOT run electrical cords under your bed or trap them against a wall. Avoid placing lamps where they can fall on the bed;
- DO NOT expose the mattress near any fire or place near an open flame.
IN CASE OF FIRE, EXIT AND THEN CALL 911.
F. DISCLAIMER, LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED IN DURATION THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, WHICH BEGINS WITH THE DATE OF PURCHASE BY THE CONSUMER. THE TERMS IN THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE THE CONSUMER’ SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF PRODUCT FAILURE DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT, OF THE INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, OR FOR THE BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. DHP’S TOTAL LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR THE MATTRESS GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
Effective date: October 1st, 2017